Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to register?
Once all mandatory documents are supplied and the payment is made. The standard registration can take up to 3-4 weeks We offer also an expedited service, which your vessel will be registered within 7 working days from the moment a complete registration dossier, including the mandatory documents, is delivered to the Polish authorities.
What documents are needed to register?
* The application in Polish which we will prepare for you
* Notarised bill of sale or original invoice
* CE certificate clearly stating dimensions of the vessel or in case if you are not able to supply a CE certificate a builders certificate will be accepted.
* Deletion of the previous flag if applicable - in case of new build ITC issued by the builder.
* Passport or company registration documents
* All documents have to be translated into Polish and originals or legalised originals have to be send with the application request (this service is included in the price)
Do I need to display my Boat Registration number on my vessel?
Vessel with polish flag should be marked with a name in the front of the boat, at each side of the vessel and at the back. Under the name in the back part of the boat there should be placed the name of the home port and registration number. There are no restrictions regarding the size of the letter.
Do I have to live in Poland or be Polish to fly the Polish flag?
No, you do not need to live in Poland or be Polish , you can obtain the Polish Flag Registration with an EU passport, EU ID card, an established EU company or a passport of Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland.
Can my vessel have any name?
During the registration we ask for 4 names. The name has to be UNIQUE. During the registration process this will be checked.
The polish authorities will not ask for proof of VAT during the registration. This does NOT exempt you from paying VAT. Each boat owner will have to make sure he/she has complied with their tax obligations.
All documents need a legal Polish translation
Our price includes 5 legally translated pages by our Polish translator services. If more pages have to be translated extra charges may be incurred.
The registration process
1) Fill in the registration form.
2) Send us the required documents which we will review.
3) The documents are send for legal translation
4) You need to send us ALL original documents by Courier as it is required by the Polish authorities.
5) Your original documentation, the translation and application request is send to Poland for registration.
6) Upon successful registration we send you your original documentation with the Polish registration documents.
- Life vest/jacket : one per person on board
- Lifebuoy with light, in case of night operating
- Effective distress signals, including flares
- Magnetic compass
- Navigation lights
- Boat horn and manual depth sounder
- Anchor, hammer and boat hook
- Bilge pump or bailer
- Sufficient number of oars with oarlocks
- Minimum of 20 m of rope for usual operations
- Waterproof electrical torch allowing to give light signals
- Fire extinguisher (for motorboats)
- Complete sails kit (for sailboats)
First Aid Kit
- Waterproof box with necessary bandages and other usual pharmaceutical products