Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to register?
Once all mandatory documents are supplied and the payment is made. The standard registration can take up to 3-4 weeks
What documents are needed to register?
* The application in Polish which we will prepare for you
* Notarised bill of sale or original invoice
* CE certificate clearly stating dimensions of the vessel or in case if you are not able to supply a CE certificate a builders certificate will be accepted.
* Deletion of the previous flag if applicable - in case of new build ITC issued by the builder.
* Passport or company registration documents
* All documents have to be translated into Polish and originals or legalised originals have to be send with the application request (this service is included in the price)
Do I have to live in Poland or be Polish to fly the Polish flag?
Any EU citizen or EU registered company can register for the Polish flag registration.
Can my vessel have any name?
During the registration we ask for 4 names. The name has to be UNIQUE. During the registration process this will be checked.
The polish authorities will not ask for proof of VAT during the registration. This does NOT exempt you from paying VAT. Each boat owner will have to make sure he/she has complied with their tax obligations.
All documents need a legal Polish translation
Our price includes 5 legally translated pages by our Polish translator services. If more pages have to be translated extra charges may be incurred.
The registration process
1) Fill in the registration form.
2) Send us the required documents which we will review.
3) The documents are send for legal translation
4) You need to send us ALL original documents by Courier as it is required by the Polish authorities.
5) Your original documentation, the translation and application request is send to Poland for registration.
6) Upon successful registration we send you your original documentation with the Polish registration documents.